Monday, November 5, 2012

Inappropriate Behavior



Today’s posts are about gripes, irritations and inappropriateness. I decided to break it into two posts, instead of one really long one.

I’m trying to get new followers to my blogs, so I follow a lot of other blogs. It’s a networking thing and I actually like some of them and have a few new friends who are other bloggers. And a lot of the blogs have giveaways which require a person to like their blog, follow on Twitter and Pinterest, like on FaceBook, etc. in order to enter. For the most part, I don’t mind doing the following and liking, but sometimes I run across extremely inappropriate content. Some examples are nude pictures on Pinterest (against the terms of service) and the blogger I’m writing about. I won’t list her name or blog.

I haven’t spent much time reading her actual blog, but she posts literally dozens of times a day on FaceBook. That’s her prerogative, no harm in that, but the content is often not really appropriate for FB. Today’s posts included specifics of very personal aspects of pregnancy, which included rectal fissures, nipple leakage, etc. I sent her an email suggesting it was more appropriate to post personal medical details in a blog, but not on FB. I was nice about it, as I usually am. I didn’t post it directly on her page, as I didn’t want to embarrass her. I thought she must be in her early twenties, young and inexperienced, and didn’t know that some things are better left to more private pages. But, sadly, she is actually in her thirties.

This is the email response she sent:

I appreciate the feedback.
If the FB Followers don't like it then they can simply "unlike" the page. Matter of fact, if it bothers you, you can unlike as well. I can't believe you took the time to send me this email, though it did give me a good laugh.
That's the great thing about FB, I can post what I like no matter who likes it or not. But comparing our pages (yours and mine), it seems people aren't too bothered with what I post. Maybe you should try it sometime. I don't mean to criticize though.

I didn’t change a word of it or change the spelling and grammatical errors. I’m honestly puzzled about the last two sentences. I have no idea what she’s trying to say.  Maybe I should try not to make any sense? No, I think I don’t need any advice about making sense from her. She also posted to her FB page about how I had written to her:

LMAO!!! I seriously just had another "blogger" (not really much of one) send me an email saying I shouldn't post about breastfeeding and such because people don't want to see that on FB. She didn't want to criticize though as she likes some of my posts. I should just post the breastfeeding type questions on my blog and not FB. I was going to call her out, but I don't want to give her page any attention. Her 300 fans are enough for her to handle.

Well, that isn’t exactly what I said, but let’s skip ahead. My 300 fans? Are you serious? I actually don’t have 300 fans on FB, since that is my PERSONAL page. Those are not people who like me: Those are people and pages that I like. The fact that she doesn’t even know the difference makes me LMAO!

Oh, that reminds me, I need to update my FB “about” page. I haven’t listed my new blogs. And I’m actually new to blogging in a more professional forum (been blogging for less than two years total). I’ve only taken it seriously for a few months. My bloggy buddies have been giving me a crash course, and trust me, there is so much more involved than most people realize, if you really want to make a go of it. So, no, my blogs don’t have many followers yet, but since I just started, I wouldn’t expect to have more followers. I think she shouldn’t confuse new blogger with new writer.

OK, enough of Miss Misinformed…

No comments:

Post a Comment