Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hypocrisy of Pets

I was viewing my Facebook page, where I get postings from United Atheists of America. The UAA posts funny pictures and lots of info that is of interest to Atheists. They often post things about how ridiculous the religious people are about things like birth control and abortion. Then, a few minutes later, on the TV was a commercial about spaying and neutering kittens and puppies. And something occurred to me...

We know the religious people are against abortion and birth control. So do they feel the same way about spaying and neutering pets? I wonder about this now. Are the religious people OK about birth control for animals but not people? That is sort of hypocritical, isn't it? Or is it that they really don't believe in neutering pets? And the overpopulation of cats and dogs, and the impending deaths because there aren't enough people or shelters to care for them... Are the religious zealots the main cause of it?

In my opinion, it has to be one or the other. Are religious people hypocrites or the source of pet overpopulation? Well, we all know the religions are all hypocritical. I think the answer is they are probably both: Hypocrites and  irresponsible.

Just something for you to think about.



No comments:

Post a Comment